Choosing the right plant is the key to success: chosen plant shouldn't be only pretty but suitable for such conditions. Shortly, the best plants for kokedama are not supposed to grow big, their leaves are not extremely wide, and they are not picky when it comes to watering. Suitable species include mint, spider plant, orchids, angel hair vine, dwarf varieties of different plants, and the following ones.
1. Epiphytic plants are very suitable for kokedama. You can choose pothos: it has beautiful foliage, and you can regulate its growth. And since epiphytic plants are used to grow on another organism, they will get settled very quickly.
2. Bromeliads. You can choose tiger cubs. Naturally, they aren't big plants, which means they won't outgrow their moss ball.
3. Succulents do not grow fast and can handle a lack of water without problems, making them an excellent choice for kokedama. Please pay attention to zebra cactus or semi-succulent ivy peperomia.
4. Ferns are one of the best plants for kokedama because they are not sensitive to low humidity. But there are some varieties with different characteristics, so pay attention to the species you are selecting. We recommend blue star fern or rabbit's foot fern.
5. Peace lilies. If you want your kokedama to be adorned with flowers, then these flowers are a good solution! But be careful, this plant is a little bit sensitive, underwatering can harm their wellbeing. This plant grows fast, so your kokedama won't stay longer than several seasons.
6. Croton. If you want to place your kokedama next to windows, choose sunlight-tolerating plants. Usually, crotons tend to grow big, but you can control their growth. Just trim the roots, place them in a small space, and don't fertilize.