Curing the problem of salinity in plants is not as hard as it seems. Here are some simple tips and preventive measures that will help you!
1. One of the simplest solutions to this problem is simply removing the top layer of the «sick» soil and replacing it with a fresh layer.
2. Shower your plants periodically. Just put your plant in a pot under a warm shower and keep it there for several minutes.
3. Fill the soil surface with kermesite. Remove the affected topsoil and fill it with drainage.
4. Another way to deal with the saline layer is river sand. Just put sand in the pot and rip it up. This combination will not only protect your plant but will also be very useful for its roots.
5. Pick a pot to suit the size of each plant, as the wrong size of the pot can cause soil salinity. If there is too much soil in the pot, the roots will not fully absorb the moisture, and the excess moisture will start to form salt buildups as it reaches the surface.
6. Carry out prophylactic treatment of plants on a regular basis. Use half of a teaspoon of citric acid for 8.4 fl oz of water. Water the plant twice a month using this solution to prevent excessive salinity.
We hope that your pet plant will not get sick because of excessive salinity again with these pieces of advice. While a certain amount of salt is okay for any type of soil, it is important to make sure that it is not exceeded as it will prevent the roots of the plant from properly absorbing water and all the essential nutrients.