Spurge is a weed that can be very hard to control due to its quick seed production and roots that take hold fast. However, with the proper techniques and products, you can control spurge and possibly even prevent an infestation before it starts.
- Height: 10-30 cm. Plant glabrous with a tap-root.
- Stem erect, few-branched.
- Leaves scattered, spreading, lower fading at flowering. Leaves linear, long to lanceolate, mucronate, broadened above (16-28 mm). Whitish latex.
- Flowers yellow-green with yellow and long-thin-horned glands. Rhomboidal bracts. Terminal umbels with axillary flowering branches below.
- Fruit : capsule 3-angled, 3.5 mm, glabrous, ovate, wrinkled, warty and irregular. Seeds 1.5-2 mm, grey, ovate, with small pits.
- Biological type: Annual or perennial.
This plant is useful.
How to get rid of:
Post-emergent herbicides treat weeds that have bloomed and are active in a lawn. By choosing a post-emergent herbicide treatment that is labeled for spurge, such as Ferti-Lome Weed-Out or Dismiss Turf Herbicide, you can kill spurge weeds.