Pets can’t distinguish a useful plant from a harmful one, so the owner's responsibility is to know what the pet can do and what is strictly prohibited for it.
Pets love indoor plants, even if this love is not always mutual. Combining your favorite animals with plants in one apartment turns into a real challenge. The problem is that a pet can eat a plant, the leaves and roots of which are dangerous and even deadly to the animal.
It is usual for cats and dogs to chew flowers and grass. This can be caused by a lack of certain substances in the body, and sometimes by simple curiosity. At the same time, there is an opinion that animals instinctively sense danger. But over the years of living next to a person, they have lost the ability to recognize what is useful and what is poisonous. Eating or, for example, licking toxic plants can cause serious poisoning, allergies, and even death in cats, dogs, parrots, hamsters and other pets.
Consider 10 Poisonous Plants for Pets: