Poison Primrose is a popular flowering garden plant, yet you should take care of it carefully. The poison of Primula obconica is mild; still, it can produce skin rash or irritation on the hands. Moreover, an unknown toxic makes it unsuitable for households with domesticated animals. Despite allergic reactions, Primroses are used in alternative medicine: flower tea as a sedative and young leaves in spring as a source of vitamin C.
Primula obconica, which most people know as Poison Primrose, is a herbaceous perennial plant in the family Primulaceae with about 400-500 known species. In the natural environment, Primrose grows on wet rivers, meadows, and rocky mountain mounds in humid temperate climates. It is most common in Europe, Asia, North America, and China. Primrose is a completely unpretentious plant.