Want to learn more about plants?
Explore our easy-to-read educational Blog
Signs of damage
- Change of color. Leaves become weaker and of yellow or brown colors.
- Early fall of leaves and fruits. This happens since the bug weakens the plant.
- Texture changes. Fruits and leaves become mealy to the touch.
- Distorted growth. In case of severe infestation, the development of the plant becomes deformed.
- Marks. Sometimes you can notice even the traces they leave after the feeding.
How to prevent
These bugs can enter your house by even some tiny hole, so you must check everything. Mind covering the vent too, to make your house inaccessible to these insects. And keep outdoor lighting to the minimum since the light attracts them.
The fact that the shield bugs are slow makes them easy to catch manually. Their attraction to light also makes this process easier. But if you are afraid of insects, you can use the spray of a natural pesticide specifically designed for such a purpose.
Go Premium to continue reading
Also you’ll get unlimited access to disease identification and all the other beneficial features