Sativa is exactly the type of choice for clients when they want to experience a burst of energy. Its effects are focused precisely on the action on the brain. Some strains just cause head buzz and a little arousal. However, this marijuana also stimulates creativity and focus. It is much easier to cope with daily tasks, as well as dreary and boring work.
This type of high is best suited for daytime use because it will interfere with sleep.
Among other things, Sativa often increases a person's sensory perception as well as a sense of alertness. People with a predisposition to paranoia should be very careful when using this cannabis.
Sativa also has terpenes that affect the effect and flavor of the strain. For example:
1. Caryophyllene. Gives a pungent taste and can also be found in edible plants such as oregano. Helps in the treatment of anxiety and depression.
2. Limonene. Responsible for citrus flavors. It is used for weight loss and also helps prevent cancer.
3. Pinene. The same taste as pine needles. Has anti-inflammatory effects. Improves memory and boosts energy.
Sativa was discovered before Indica and was believed to be the only possible type of cannabis. It was common in the regions of Mexico, Thailand, Colombia, and Southeast Asia. Since the temperature in such regions was quite high, the plant adapted, becoming tall and capable of storing water. Therefore, this species needs a hot and humid climate that will allow cannabis to develop its resistance to adversity. These conditions help the plant to be resistant to mold and pesticides.
Sativa leaves are also easy to distinguish from Indica leaves as they are:
- Have light green color.
Sativa is probably not the best type of cannabis if you are new to growing, as their high growth can be challenging. This plant can grow to over 2 meters in height. It also tends to produce a lower yield per plant than the Indica. Moreover, Sativa takes about 10 to 16 weeks to bloom, which is considered quite a long time, although initially, the plant grows rather quickly.
However, there is a way to tame the growth of Sativa a little. It's called the screen of green technique. Thus, you need to use the mesh to create a dense canopy of buds. This will optimize space and yield. This method is suitable for those who already have experience in growing these plants.
We also want to offer you the most popular cultivation Sativa strains:
- Strawberry Cough. It is very easy to grow cannabis. Users love it for the vividness of the effects and the sweet berry-floral flavor. This Sativa is good for distraction, but it shouldn't be used for work. The flowering time takes approximately 10 weeks.
- Durban Poison. Extremely potent strain with THC levels up to 26%. This kind of marijuana is not suitable for beginners. In cultivation, it is of average complexity. It is best to use the hydroponic technique while growing. Low yields with a flowering time of about 11-12 weeks.
- Sour Diesel. This cannabis also has fairly high THC levels up to 26% of the content. This strain is widely known and is already considered a classic. However, its diesel-citrusy flavor can turn off newbies. Also, this marijuana is difficult to grow. This plant is weak to powdery mildew. Its flowering time is approximately 10 weeks and this kush gives off a strong odor.
- Amnesia Haze. It is considered a difficult Sativa to grow. However, growers who manage to master this plant get a bouquet of citrus and floral aromas, as well as good euphoric effects.