1. If you want to visually expand a long room, place tiny plants near one or both long walls in groups of 2-6 pieces, depending on the size of the room. The room will look spacious.
2. A basket suspended from the ceiling with branches descending downward makes the ceiling visually closer, therefore such baskets should be hung only in rooms with sufficiently high ceilings, at least 2.70-3.00 meters.
3. In rooms with the most common ceilings, put a tub with a large plant, in which the branches stretch up. This creates the illusion of extra space in the room.
4. Plants with many small leaves visually add space, while plants with large fleshy leaves, on the contrary, compress it.
5. Small-leaved plants are more suitable for small rooms, and plants with large fleshy leaves are more suitable for large ones.
6. If you want to enliven a simple and monotonous interior, you can do this using plants with curly leaves of bizarre shapes.
7. And vice versa, if the room is oversaturated with details, then it is better to put plants with simple-shaped leaves in such a room.
8. Give preference to one or more plants that will be correctly placed in the place intended for them. Knowing the basic rules of interior design, you can easily achieve a stylish and harmonious design.
9. It should be remembered that large plants: palms, monstera, ficuses, visually reduce the space in the room.