All actions must be performed with special protective gloves. Also, the pot should be thoroughly washed.
1. We recommend you get the plant with an earthen lump, holding it in the lower part: this will help you not to damage the roots.
2. Shake off the roots. Be careful - the soil should be removed only if mold has formed there or pests have started. In other cases, you can leave it partially, there will be no harm.
3. It is not worth rinsing the roots if they look presentable, an excess of water procedures will not be beneficial, but can only aggravate the situation. Cut off the dead areas where rot appeared.
4. Move the plant to a new pot (where the expanded clay or small clay ball has formed) as well as some soil. Gradually fill up the earth while holding, periodically tamping it slightly, leaving no empty areas. It is not necessary to squeeze too deep - leave the same level as you did previously.
5. Water the plant after repotting.